Turkeysong, the Year in Chickens 2012
THIS BLOG IS RETIRED, I’VE MOVED TO SKILLCULT.COM
ALL THE OLD TURKEYSONG POSTS ARE THERE AND MORE, CHECK IT OUT!
Chickens have been a constant source of amusement here for the past year and a half or more. We have been testing out various breeds and just seeing how chickens might or might not integrate into the homestead. We are learning a lot, but the main product so far has been entertainment! More on chickens later, but here are a few frozen moments from our year of Chickens. brrrrrraaaaaaauuk.
So that’s our year in Chickens. It would be great to hear anyone’s experiences with free ranging chickens. We don’t have a dog, or fencing, so we’ve lost quite a few, but they sure are happy running around all over the place scratching the place up. The eggs are great too from all those bugs and plants they eat.
7 Comments »
- Potato Onion Video and Multiplier Onion Giveaway
- Deer Hide Ruined by Poor Skinning
- Frankentree is Quite a Sight, With Over 85 Varieties Fruiting This Year! Wow!
- Potato/Multiplier Onion Giveaway and New Site
- Taste Testing Seven Summer Apples, Head to Head
- How to remove back strap sinew without wasting any meat
- Skinning Deer and Goats for Perfect Hides and Carcasses
- Peeling Oak Bark for Tanning Leather and Apple Breeding Update
- Two Sweet Crabs That Don’t Pinch! Trailman and Centennial, Delicious Super Early Crab Apples,
- A Video Tour of my Amateur Apple Breeding Project
- Why I’m Not Selling at the Farmer’s Market Anymore
- Virtual Garden Tour and Seed Packet Give Away for Subscribers
- animal parts
- Building etc…
- Food and Drink Making
- plant breeding
- Rants etc…
- Wildlands and Plants.. and Animals and Stuff