Introduction to Frankentree Video
THIS BLOG IS RETIRED, I’VE MOVED TO SKILLCULT.COM
ALL THE OLD TURKEYSONG POSTS ARE THERE AND MORE, CHECK IT OUT!
This is an introductory video I threw together to stoke people up on the idea of multigrafted trees. Quite a few fruit collectors use this technique and, while Frankentree is a more extreme example, I increasingly think that multigrafted trees with 3 to 30 varieties or so will serve the average person with a few trees much better than single variety trees do. Add to that the edifying character of the work, the increased involvement in one’s own food supply and the neato factor and it seems like a pretty easy sell, except for the intimidation factor. I’d like to maybe think this out better and make a more refined version as well as a detailed video tutorial on some of the specific strategies and skills, but this will have to do for now. The original Frankentree post has a little bit of information on grafting with pictures of a couple of different grafts.
13 Comments »
- Potato Onion Video and Multiplier Onion Giveaway
- Deer Hide Ruined by Poor Skinning
- Frankentree is Quite a Sight, With Over 85 Varieties Fruiting This Year! Wow!
- Potato/Multiplier Onion Giveaway and New Site
- Taste Testing Seven Summer Apples, Head to Head
- How to remove back strap sinew without wasting any meat
- Skinning Deer and Goats for Perfect Hides and Carcasses
- Peeling Oak Bark for Tanning Leather and Apple Breeding Update
- Two Sweet Crabs That Don’t Pinch! Trailman and Centennial, Delicious Super Early Crab Apples,
- A Video Tour of my Amateur Apple Breeding Project
- Why I’m Not Selling at the Farmer’s Market Anymore
- Virtual Garden Tour and Seed Packet Give Away for Subscribers
- animal parts
- Building etc…
- Food and Drink Making
- plant breeding
- Rants etc…
- Wildlands and Plants.. and Animals and Stuff