THIS BLOG IS RETIRED, I’VE MOVED TO SKILLCULT.COM
ALL THE OLD TURKEYSONG POSTS ARE THERE AND MORE, CHECK IT OUT!
‘Tis the season to do tree surgery- at the beginning of the growing season and after most of the rain. A short video here on my experience so far with removing burr knots (arial root balls) from apple trees and how/why I think it works. When I looked for information before trying this a few years ago I found almost nothing. I think there was literally one dude in the internet universe who was like “yeah, you can cut those off” (I’m totally paraphrasing). So, hopefully this will help a few people with those unsightly and, lets face it, unsafe burr knots. It looks pretty dope too, because I finally got a new camera! Now I have the potential shoot killer HD video with any lens that will fit on the camera, which is almost any lens actually. I’m still climbing a steep learning curve with audio, camera functions and all the details, like remembering what the hell it was I was going to say, but I think things are improving pretty fast.
BTW, look up your root stocks to see if they are prone to Burr Knots and if so, plant them up to the graft union. Nobody told me that back in the day, but then again if they had, I wouldn’t have got to make this video and dork out on burr knot theory.
- Potato Onion Video and Multiplier Onion Giveaway
- Deer Hide Ruined by Poor Skinning
- Frankentree is Quite a Sight, With Over 85 Varieties Fruiting This Year! Wow!
- Potato/Multiplier Onion Giveaway and New Site
- Taste Testing Seven Summer Apples, Head to Head
- How to remove back strap sinew without wasting any meat
- Skinning Deer and Goats for Perfect Hides and Carcasses
- Peeling Oak Bark for Tanning Leather and Apple Breeding Update
- Two Sweet Crabs That Don’t Pinch! Trailman and Centennial, Delicious Super Early Crab Apples,
- A Video Tour of my Amateur Apple Breeding Project
- Why I’m Not Selling at the Farmer’s Market Anymore
- Virtual Garden Tour and Seed Packet Give Away for Subscribers
- animal parts
- Building etc…
- Food and Drink Making
- plant breeding
- Rants etc…
- Wildlands and Plants.. and Animals and Stuff